Route: Route: Tokyo - Nakasendo Way - Kyoto - Shikoku Island - Naoshima - Hiroshima - Kyushu Island - Yakushima Island
A luxury journey from East to West traversing through three of Japan's main islands - Honshu, Shikoku & Kyushu. Combining walks and cultural sightseeings, this comfortable holiday takes in the highlights of the historically and culturally-rich ancient towns of Japan, trekking the ancient trade route of Nakasendo Trail, discovering the picturesque Iya Valley, and hiking on the Yakushima islands where nature has remained untouched for countless millennia. This 15-day/14-night immersion will enthrall with its dramatic scenery, awe inspiring scale and depth of history. This truly is the quintessential Japanese experience.?
- Walk on the best section of the old Nakasendo Trail for 2 days passing the picturesque Kiso Valley. The village to village walk allows you to visit the exquisitely-preserved villages of Magome and Tsumago, and stay at some of the best hand-picked traditional Japanese inns.
- Explore the UNESCO town of Kyoto on two wheels, learn about age-old trades and crafts, the eclectic work of modern artists and more.
- Venture to Iya Valley - one of Japan's Three Hidden Valleys, particularly famous for its vine bridges, stunning scenery, and exciting white water rafting.
- Visit Takamatsu's sprawling Ritsurin Garden on Japan’s Shikoku Island, one of the most beautiful gardens in the country. Designed as a walking garden for the enjoyment of the daimyō (regional lord), the park winds around a series of ponds, tearooms, bridges and islands, with an impressive backdrop of Mt Shiun.
- Visit Miyajima, a small wooded island located in the Inland Sea, and admire the most photographed site in Japan - The Floating Torii Gate.
- Trek up to one of the five peaks of Mount Aso, visit the magnificent Takachiho Gorge in the Kyushu Mountains and discover primordial forests of Shiratani Unsuikyo Ravine.
- Discover Yakushima Island’s rugged wilderness on foot. Hike through the UNESCO listed mountainous forests, and witness the famous Jomon Sugi, a cedar tree that is thought to be up to 7,000 years old. A wonderland for nature lovers or avid hikers.
The luxurious accommodation is hand picked for this package, including some of the best 4 and 5 star hotels and boutique Japanese ryokans.
Most meals are included for the duration of the tour. You will enjoy authentic and delicious local cuisine. Please refer to the itinerary for the meal inclusion.
The tour includes 14 nights accommodation, meals as mentioned in the itinerary, English speaking guide(s), all transportation during the tour, all entry tickets/park fees, and luggage transfers.
This is the luxury discovery of Japan's three main islands from Alps to Sea. This incredible journey will inspire with its scale, natural beauty and depth of history. You'll return invigorated and inspired with memories that will last a lifetime.
Departs daily year round on request.
Dates or itinerary don't fit?
We specialise in bespoke "tailor-made" luxury journeys to Japan. Please contact us for a "tailor-made" itinerary for your perfect adventure.
Luggage transfers are included in the package. Please see the itinerary for the details.
Please contact us for departure dates, availability or a "tailor-made" itinerary. E: [email protected]